Business strives on customers’ referrals, the more referrals you make the more sales, but this referral is a function of customer care, how you relate you’re your customers in the process of transaction. Do you just sell your goods or service to customers or do you sell yourself. You should learn to befriend customers and build relationship with them. Managing relationships with customers by putting in place strategies for effective long-term communication is critical and will result in increased repeat business and therefore more revenue and less marketing and client acquisition costs.
For great customer service, you have to engage following customer care strategies:
- Take good care of your employees because they’ll treat your customer the way they’re treated. Customers are king but employees are king makers. Employees take their cue from management. Consistent rude customer service is a reflection of the treatment of employees by management, this is not for your business Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you greet your employees enthusiastically each day?
- Are you polite in your dealings with them?
- Do you try to accommodate their requests?
- Do you listen to them when they speak?
- Know who your customers are: If a regular customer came in to your business facility, would you recognize them? Could you call them by name? All of us like to feel important; calling someone by name is a simple way to do it but it lets them know you value them as customers.
- Do your customers know who you are? If they see you, would they recognize you? A visible management is an asset. But known for something, try to create an innovative brand for your product and services in the markets
- For good customer service, go the extra mile. Include a thank-you note in a customer’s package and send a birthday card. These are the ways for you to keep in touch with your customers and bring them closer to you. Never be harsh with a customer no matter what, be kind and polite always
- Greet your customers when they walk in the door or at least within 30-40 seconds upon entering, this makes everyone happy they’ve come in.
- Make sure that you answer your phone on the second ring at most. People who call prefer to talk to a ‘live’ person rather than machines and they’ll appreciate prompt and friendly service.
- If a customer makes a request for something special, do everything you can to say yes. The fact that a customer cared enough to ask is all you need to know in trying to accommodate her.
- Make sure your customer service employees are properly trained in handling complaints and angry clients? Give them guidelines for what to say and do in likely cases. People on the frontline of a situation play the most critical role in your customer’s experience. Make sure they know what to do and say.
- Ask your customers what they think of your company: You may compose a “How are we doing?” card and leave it at the exit or give it to the customer at the end of their visit.
- Create a customer loyalty programme: It can a free launch , and other freebie , Let customers get paid for referring family and friend to buy from you