The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program is a program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education (tertiary institution). Selected undergraduates will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution (tertiary institution) and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community-Mindedness.
- Scholarship must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution(tertiary institution) seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2019.
- Application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
- Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarship must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic
- Scholarship may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarship may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- The scholarship is open to any African undergraduate study in any part of the world
TIMELINE OF APPLICATION
- Application Period Opens: Friday, March 1, 2019
- Application Period Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:59pm EST