Eira Davies Scholarships for Women in Developing Countries at Swansea University, UK – 2023
The Eira Davies Scholarship for Women in Developing Countries at Swansea University is a scholarship program designed to support outstanding women from developing countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate taught degree at the university.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Gambia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, Sao Tome and Principe, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia, and Samoa
Details of Awards: The scholarship provides a full tuition fee waiver, as well as a stipend to cover living expenses for successful candidates.
Eligible Areas of Study:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Child Public Health, MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Long-Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
Read also: International Scholarship in Conservation Biology at the University of Queensland, Australia – 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the Eira Davies Scholarships for Women in Developing Countries
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must
- have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to contributing to the development of their home country.
- hold a minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification
- be female
- be a new student at Swansea University
- be a national, and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Countries as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
- meet English language ability standards as stipulated within their condition of offer and UKVI requirements
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm (BST) Sunday 28th May 2023
Step to Apply
Please download your application form here: Eira Francis Davies Scholarship Application Form
For any inquiries relating to the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship please email: EFDScholarship@swansea.ac.uk