International Students 2023 Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
For eligible nationals who want to study abroad at a university or college in New Zealand or the Pacific, New Zealand offers scholarships.
Eligible Countries: International
Read also: Dean’s Scholarship Award
Value of Award:
With a full Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, scholars studying in New Zealand receive:
- full tuition fees.
- living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$531 per week. This will help with a scholar’s basic living expenses. If you commence your study program online in your home country, your stipend will be adjusted to reflect the difference in living costs around the world.
- an establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation expenses, textbooks, or other study materials.
- medical insurance when you are in New Zealand.
- tutoring costs up to the value of NZ$1000, to assist with the cost of additional tutoring while you are studying if needed.
- travel to and from your own country. This is for travel from your own country at the start of the scholarship, and for return travel at the end of your scholarship.
- travel insurance.
- travel home during your scholarship. Scholars studying for over 1.6 years are entitled to travel home to visit family. We usually allow for one or two trips, depending on the length of your scholarship. However, this is subject to border settings and other restrictions.
- managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ): This is no longer required when entering New Zealand. We will provide support towards the costs of MIQ upon return to your home country if this is mandatory and your home government does not already cover this cost.
- reimbursement for the costs of COVID-19 vaccinations if required by your study country or transit country, and for the costs of any COVID-19 pre-departure tests. Please note: costs will not be reimbursed for dependent family members. Scholars will need to meet the requirements stipulated by national governments and/or airlines with regard to the type of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 pre-departure test deemed acceptable. MFAT will only cover costs if a charge has occurred and a receipt is provided.
- reintegration allowance of NZ$1000. This is to help with set-up costs upon your return to your home country.
- help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
Read also: Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- You must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship. This means if you are 17 years of age when you apply, you must have your 18th birthday before you start your scholarship in semester one.
- Applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each educational institution.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants and applicants who finished high school more than 3 years ago, must have relevant work experience. Work experience can be paid, unpaid or voluntary, and must meet the following criteria:
- One year of full-time work experience (i.e. 30 hours or more per week), OR
- Two years of part-time work experience (i.e. up to 29 hours per week).
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023