Program for Scholars from the Mastercard Foundation at USIU-Africa, 2023
With the help of the Mastercard Foundation and United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), the worldwide Scholars Program gives academically gifted African children who are constrained by their financial situation, gender, location, or disability the chance to attend a top university.
Young Africans who are first-time candidates for undergraduate degrees will receive full scholarships through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa.
Eligible Countries: Africans
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Value of Award: The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Duration of Award: 4 years
Read also: Australia’s Monash University is offering the 2023 Monash International Tuition Scholarship (MITS)
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
1. Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet USIU admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB)- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) -Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- More information about the above-highlighted degree programs can be found on the university website: undergraduate-programs/
Application Deadline: 20th February 2023
- Application form
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all required documents are clearly legible and send to: email@example.com or drop them at Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa or post to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
- Any queries can be directed through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at +254730 116 218 or in person
For More Information Visit the Official Website