Scholarship for Developing Countries under the Youth of Excellence Program of China (Yes, China) 2023
ln, aim to develop leaders in global governance with a multicultural upbringing, a superior level of comprehensive quality, and a global vision. The China Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program is run by the China Scholarship Council. Seven prestigious Chinese institutions will get scholarships from the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China in order to accept students from underdeveloped nations.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (Universities/Country): China
Value of Scholarship:
- One-year Program: Total Amount: 200,800 RMB per year for each student, covering:
- Exempted fees: registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory experiment fees, internship fees, and fees for basic learning materials.
- On-campus accommodation.
- Living Allowance （96,000 RMB per year for each student）.
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration （3,000 RMB for each student）.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- A one-way air ticket to China upon registration and a one-way air ticket back from China to the student’s home country after completion of the study.
Read also: Scholarships from ICIPE for African Students
- Two-year Program （1+1 studies）
Scholarship for the first academic year is the same as One-year Program. In the second academic year, students will do their thesis back in their home countries and the dissertation defense in China, while the scholarship will only cover one round-trip ticket for the dissertation defense.
Duration of Scholarship: The program’s duration will be one year or two years. Academic year from September 2023
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Healthy both physically and mentally; not over 45 years old （born after September 1, 1977）.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree, at least 3 years of work experience, and some educational or professional experience in a field relative to that of the program applied.
- Working in a government agency, company, or research institute, and being a Section Director or Chief of Office, a senior manager, or excellent in scientific research.
- Good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS （Academic） total score of 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score of 80.
- Having a strong development potential in his/her career, and willing to promote mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and his/her home country.
- Students who are now studying in China or are already winners of the Chinese Government Scholarship are not allowed to apply. Note: More details about each program can be found in the corresponding university’s recruitment prospectus.
Read also: Program for Short-Term Scholarships
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023.
Please contact the Embassies or universities for the specific deadlines for 2023 applications.
Applicants should log on to the Chinese Government Scholarship System for online application (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and submit application materials before April 30, 2023.
Applicants should have received a pre-admission letter from one of the 72 subprograms at least when they apply. When applying online, choose “Type A” for “Scholarship Type”. The agency code is 1563, and applicants need to find the “Youth of Excellence Scheme of China”.