Scholarships for International Students from the Government of Brunei Darussalam 2023
Are you an international student who is looking to acquire a scholarship in Brunei?
Annual scholarships are provided by the government of Brunei Darussalam as part of a unique scholarship award program. The recipients of the scholarships will be able to attend the University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), the Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University (UNISSA), the Brunei Institute of Technology (ITB), and Politeknik Brunei to further their studies (PB).
Eligible Countries: ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries
To be Taken at (university):
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees
Value of Award: Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to the ASEAN region and BND500.00 to the non-ASEAN region.
- Accommodation at the respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospital, However, an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by the scholars themselves.
Eligible Area of Studies: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various disciplines offered by the UBD, UNISSA, and ITB at different levels.
Read also: Scholarships for Higher Education
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st of July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible for Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2023 not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time).
To Apply Click Here
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application at: https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
The following supporting documents should be uploaded to the application system:
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts);
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English;
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport;
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
All inquiries should be directed to queriesBDGS2023@mfa.gov.bn