Scholarships for Young African Leaders from USAID’s African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals (AfYWSP) 2023

The African Water Association is establishing research fellowships for young water and sanitation experts in West Africa as part of its Research and Capacity Building Program.

Young graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) will receive research scholarships through this initiative, which is financed by USAID West Africa through the AfriCap Program (WASH – African Water Association – AfWA – Capacity Development Program – AfriCap). Each grant, worth $ 1,000, will reward each chosen initiative according to its allocated budget.

Scholarship Details

Read also: Ruth First Educational Trust Scholarships

Eligible Countries: African countries

Type: Research, Fellowship

Value of Scholarship: As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per beneficiary is 1,000 US Dollars. Sixty percent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient when the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the Research Director, and received by AfWA’s Research and Capacity Building Program before the deadline. The remaining forty percent (40%) will be paid once the recipient submits the final electronic copy.

Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship

Candidates for the award of a scholarship shall formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They may also apply to one of the research topics proposed by one of AfWA’s members. To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:

  • Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
  • be in good standing academically with respect to their institution;

Read also: Excellence Scholarships from AUT-NCUK

Application Deadline: 15th April 2023

Application Procedures

Submit an application file including:

  • Student card or registration receipt for the current year
  • Last completed degree
  • Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
  • Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
  • Research proposal.

Applicants must submit their application electronically at the following addresses simultaneously: and For any request or clarification, please send an email to

For More Information Visit the Official Website







Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *